Thursday, June 30, 2011

A special message...

Kind. Friendly. Bubbly. Beautiful. Smart. Creative. Funny. A-type.

Mother. Wife. Daughter. Sister. Aunt. Best Friend.

These are just a couple of traits that describe a great gal, and my photo BFF.

We met at my current job (her previous). I was the receptionist, she was a coordinator. I didn't speak with her much other than sending calls to her and teaching her some job functions.

I'm not quite sure when our friendship blossomed. All I know is I was creative, with a love of clip art, font, and different types of paper. And she was creative, with a love of clip art, font, and different types of paper. HOW AWESOME IS THAT, RIGHT??? :)

Somehow I believe it was her who brought up photography. Or maybe it was me when I brought my Nikon D60 to a staff appreciation day. It wasn't long til it was "Jasmine Star" this, and "Melissa Koehler" that. And "did you hear about WPPI in Vegas?" Both dreaming of attending and the day our photography dreams were a reality.

We planned, drooled over other photographers' work, did some mock shoots, met over Starbucks Frappucinos and yummy pastries.

It has been over a year since we've been at this. We've learned a lot in that year, with a lot more to learn in the future.

Thank you Lateisha Plascencia. Thank you for always being there for me, to critique my work, to offer advice, to being my second shooter, and to everything else you do.

Thank you for being you!!!

With that said, I'd like to wish you (another) HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! This time on my blog... because you are THAT special :)

Happy Birthday girl!!! Can't wait to pick you up from the airport so we can chat away. Have a safe flight!



1 comment: