Monday, March 12, 2012

Where did the time go?

Time seriously does fly by. Is it because we're adults now that we notice this? I remember when I was younger that the days would go by slowly and that it would take forever for the year to end. Now...the year flies by in the blink of an eye.

It was just yesterday when my two little babies were born. A healthy 6 pounds 13 ounces and 6 pounds 11 ounces Yep, you heard that right. I had 2, count 'em TWO, fully healthy babies in my 5'1" frame. I was sticking out!!! I would share a photo of myself, but I'm not too sure if I'm comfortable sharing it. We'll see...

Anyhow, last week my husband and I stopped by our local elementary school to register them for Kindergarten. Ahhh!!! Yes, I said KINDERGARTEN!! I can't believe how fast it's been and how big they've grown. We were just mastering the skills of tummy time and now we have to send them to Kindergarten? :( I'm not ready. They're not ready. I think the only person ready is my husband :) It's just too soon!

Actually...I think they're ready as far as the alphabet, numbers, colors, shapes, etc. I think they are not ready socially. They're too shy. Can't blame them though. They got that from me, or the majority from me.

My husband has been great at preparing them. They know how to write their ABC's (in caps) and numbers to 20, sometimes a little further. They can write their first and last name. They can even count to 100! I'm soooo proud of them! If only they can build the courage and play with other kids, and actually talk to them. :)

Anyhow, here's a video I put together of them growing up. There definitely were some tears while making this. :)

Enjoy!!


No comments:

Post a Comment