Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Dionne - Rodriguez High School Senior

Dionne, my first high school senior subject. I was in awe of her. She's very beautiful and it definitely showed in her photos.

I actually did two photo shoots with her. The first, I loved! Not only did my good friend join me on the shoot, but Dionne was very sweet and willing to pose any way we wanted her to. I had fun on the shoot, but the only thing that wasn't fun was trying to use my 50mm lens (which doesn't autofocus). The photos came out fine, but some were not tack sharp.

With that, I vowed that it was my last time I was going to use that lens. Off to Best Buy I go to purchase a new one. Which do I choose? The 35mm f1.8 (because it was cheaper =) ). It's a good lens. Very wide. I like it, but then again I have to like it because it's what I have. That's the thing with just starting out. I don't quite have the funds to buy what I want, so I have to use what I have. (This will lead me to my next post... hopefully tomorrow).

Back to Dionne. I asked her if I could try my new lens with her, since I wasn't too happy with the outcome. She agreed. And in fact, my friend Lateisha and I had a double shoot with her and Dionne's cousin. (If you would like to see that shoot, check out her blog http://www.fusionphotographyinc.blogspot.com/)

Here's Dionne (from both sessions):
 


 

 

 


 

 




 


No comments:

Post a Comment