Friday, December 2, 2011

Day 2...Music to my ears

Day 2 of the 25 days of Christmas Goodness is the sweet sounds of Christmas melodies. Fa la la la la..la la la la. That actually reminds me of the most recent Target commercial where the lady is in the greeting card aisle recording herself singing in a few recordable cards. It's hilarious!

Whenever I hear Christmas music, I picture myself laying on the couch under a warm, soft and comfy blanket (preferably one of those Korean blankets because they keep the heat in), drinking hot cocoa (with marshmellow cream), while watching a Christmas movie on tv (my first choice...Elf with Will Ferrell.) All that sounds good, huh? Makes me want to drop everything I'm doing now and make that happen :)

Since the above can't always happen, my next choice is to listen to the Christmas station (96.5 KOIT) while driving. I love KOIT because they actually get you in the holiday season even before Thanksgiving! It's funny when I change it to that station with the boys in the back of the car because one of them will say "Mommy...I know that song. That's the Christmas song." I say, "That IS a Christmas song." Then I sit and hope that they won't ask me to change the station because they don't know the song and can't sing along. Because they do that :)

When I hear Christmas music, I think of three things: 1- Me standing on the piano chair when I was about, I wanna say 5, singing Jingle Bells while my sister and cousin attempt to play the song on the piano. 2- The Mariah Carey Christmas CD (the one with "All I Want for Christmas") that I left in my sister's car which I never got back. Who knows where it is now... 3- My Nsync CD (yes...I said...Nsync) that my sister borrowed many years ago and never returned. It's in the land of the lost (with Mariah) and she has yet to purchase me a new one after years of reminding her what a great gift it'll be. Maybe this is the year. Shall we place a bet on this? :)

(album cover from www.mariahcarey.com)

There are millions of Christmas songs out there. I don't have a favorite one...I have FOUR! The first is "Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree" that's in the Home Alone movie. That's a classic. I also love Mariah Carey's "All I Want for Christmas", TLC's "Sleigh Ride", and Nsync's "Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays".

What are your favorite Christmas songs?

No comments:

Post a Comment