Sunday, December 4, 2011

Two days in one...

This post will be two in one as I was swamped yesterday. My apologies...

Yesterday we purchased our Christmas tree. For 3-4 years now (actually, I believe this is our 4th year), we have been purchasing our Christmas tree at Larry's Produce in Suisun Valley. If you haven't been there, you should go. It's on Suisun Valley Road.


They have mini trees, like Charlie Brown trees, but with more branches. They also have medium to large trees. I couldn't tell you what type they are because I was just interested in a big, full tree..and the type didn't matter. :) Their trees are a really great price (mediums and large same price, not sure what the mini ones are priced at).


This year we got a medium sized tree. It's about 6 feet tall and not that wide. It's actually perfect because in the past when we got home from getting our tree, we'd have to shave off an inch or two on the bottom. This time it fit right in. :)




Lights are on it right now, but no ornaments yet. I have to gather all the kiddos so they can "help" decorate it. Doesn't that spell disaster??

Speaking of ornaments (which is supposed to be today's post, yesterday's was the tree), I'll have to go out and get some new ones. Actually, last year I decided that it would be a great tradition to have the kids hang their own ornament, one they chose themselves. However, when I decided that, none of the kids were with me and I was already out. So I bought them an ornament each. Maybe the tradition should be a new ornament that I picked out for them, huh? :)

I purchased the ornaments at Cost Plus World Market. I love them! They're different...and CUTE!!!



The main reason I purchased the ornaments there is because I fell in love with this one


Oh yeah...I LOVE IT!!! The downside is, it's one of those that can break easily. So it hangs at the top of the tree and I'm the only one that can touch it.

They had a few different types of cameras, but in the end I chose this one. I wonder if they have these this year. If they do, I'm definitely getting a new one! :)

Happy tree decorating everyone! I'll post a picture of the finished tree tomorrow. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment