Saturday, December 10, 2011

A note from the heart...

For the past few days I have been thinking about my blog...and how I've disappointed myself. I knew that I've missed a few days from my 25 Days of Christmas Challenge. I didn't even want to log on to type this post because I would be facing my disappointment.

Was it too much to handle? Was 25 days (in a row) too much? Did I have enough topics to cover? Was I busy? Yes. Yes to all of it. And that's what hurts the most.

I knew I wanted to challenge myself, blogwise, because I don't blog as much as I want. I thought that since Christmas is coming, that it'd be fitting to blog about Christmas related topics. Before the idea was set in stone I made sure that I had 25 topics that I could write about. Which I did. But when would I find time to write about them? From working full-time, to doing photography, taking care of the family, AND let's not forget Christmas shopping. Where could I fit writing about any of my topics? Especially if I'm not much of a writer.

I wanted to write out my posts and schedule them out for the week, or at least a couple of days, but that didn't work. I ended up writing day of and didn't even post until I got home from work, around 6pm. How can I start a new, fresh blog post at 6pm? It should be posted in the morning. Like reading the newspaper in the morning, with a cup of coffee (or hot cocoa for me).

I know that I don't have much readers, which is okay, but I wanted to complete this challenge...for myself. Letting myself down totally sucks!

Anyhow...I've decided that I'm going to continue to finish the challenge. I may not post every day, but I will continue to write about the topics that I had originally planned on writing about. If it passes the 25 days, then that's okay because the Christmas season lasts all the way until New Years. :)

Thank you to those who have read my blog, or are continuing to read my blog. It really means a lot that you stop by to read what I have to say. I'm not the best writer, but it does feel good to write. :)

Hope you're enjoying your holiday season.

2 comments:

  1. Veronica - I think it's awesome you have challenged yourself. That's the only way to continue to grow. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Veronica!- my sweet friend. You are being waaaay too hard on yourself. This idea/challenge is a really great way to push yourself...I totally agree with you there. But remember to cut yourself some slack though, k? xx

    ReplyDelete