Sunday, January 16, 2011

My first meeting, feeling hurt and some wishful thinking

Today is my very first meeting with some clients...for my first wedding :) I'm a little nervous, but its okay because the clients are my cousin and his fiancee. :)

I believe I have everything ready. Sample shot list, package details, sample albums... even have some wedding mags ready. This meeting should be fine :)

Feeling hurt.... my last post I wrote about entering a photography scholarship. Well, results haven't been announced yet (tomorrow), but I can't help but feel hurt. The reason is because MeRa Koh posted a blog the other day. She mentioned that because of what happened last year, she decided to inform the winners beforehand so that the other applicants can have some time to recoup before the results are announced. Well...I never got a call or email. :( Sounds like I didn't make it this year. Yes, I'm hurting. I'm disappointed in myself because I feel like my video wasn't good enough, or that I didn't offer more information about myself. I can't help but feel horrible. (Btw...I'm not mad at MeRa and her team. In fact, I am greatful for the opportunity and the experience. I don't even know her and she's already helped me by allowing me to take a risk and step out of my comfort zone. So thank you MeRa and everyone on your team.)

However, I am happy for the three women who did get the call. I'm excited that I will be able to follow them on their journey and learn from what they're doing. It sucks that I won't get the free camera gear and everything else that came along with it, but I'm happy that I can still "tag along" in their journey and still be a part of the SOAR community.

My "feeling hurt" leads to my wishful thinking. Just because I didn't get the call or email doesn't necessarily mean I didn't win. Why? Because in a portion of the application, it asks for my spouse's cell phone number. Why would she want our spouse's cell phone number? So my wishful thinking leads to...what if she called my husband to let him know I won??? I hardly doubt that, but it could happen. I don't think he's capable of holding some exciting information like that, but I'm sure if he really had to he would. So what if I did actually win? I would be the most happy and thankful girl in the world. And if I didn't really win....well, at least I tried my hardest!

Enjoy your Sunday!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

1 comment:

  1. That's exactly how I felt last year. I wanted to bad to win the Soar scholarship and it hurt to not win.

    I hope that it propels you to still keep pushing forward and soar on your own!!!

    ReplyDelete