Sunday, September 16, 2012

Day 19...Finally, a wedding

I have to admit that before this Thirty Day Photo/Blog Challenge, I was terrible at blogging my photos. Forreal!

Today my blog is about Jessica and Cristian's wedding. I met Jessica through a bride I shot last year, Adela (they are actually family). :) Jessica and Cristian met through mutual friends on Myspace. How cute huh?

Their wedding was held in the lovely, but hot, Brentwood, CA. I love going to Brentwood because I used to live there and still have family (in-laws) there. :)

I met Jessica at her parent's place. She was already getting her makeup done by the lovely Geraldine Centinaje from M.A.C.; hair by Chayo's Salon.


Jessica seemed so calm, but so excited about her big day.
 

Jessica's shoes: Lulu Townsend
Florist: Contra Costa Florist


Dress: Martina Liana, Flares Bridal + Formal





Cristian's tux from The Men's Wearhouse



Their ceremony was held at the beautiful Immaculate Heart of Mary Church




After the ceremony, we headed to their reception located at the new Brentwood Community Center. I've never been there before and was quite pleased at the many locations to take their formal photos.











The beautiful cake by Maria Vargas.


Mariachi from Mariachi Santa Maria. 


Here's their awesome wedding party. Don't you just love the Bridemaids dresses? Her Maid-of-Honor's dress was gorgeous too!




What I love about Mexican weddings are their traditions. Here's one where the guys pick up the groom and throw him in the air. Here's the shot I got. That's the groom's body heading out of the frame.


Here's what my assistant got. Look at the air he got! That's crazy!!


Another tradition (that I haven't seen before) is another one with the fellas. These boys and their games I tell ya.... In this tradition, the guys take the groom to the restroom, strip him of all his clothing (I don't know if they include undies, but I think Cristian was able to hold on to his), and one by one they head back to the bride and give her his clothes.


She then heads back to her man and gives him his clothes back. Cristian, you were such a great sport!



Jessica and Cristian, I wish you both many, many great years together filled with happiness, laughter and love. Thank you for including me in your special day. :)

A special thank you to the other vendors who helped made their day special:
Videographer: Matt Straus, Anthony Reyna and Ivan Narez
Band: Grupo Neblina
Bride's Jewelry: Cindy Louie
Bridesmaids Dresses: After Six, Flares Bridal + Formal
Groomsmens Tuxes: The Men's Wearhouse
Rings: Zales 
Caterer: Adan Gonzalez
Linens: Elia Sanchez (Jessica's mother)

2 comments: