Saturday, September 1, 2012

Day 4...Inner and outer beauty

Last weekend I attended a workshop, a boudoir workshop hosted by the lovely and talented Tammy Nguyen Le of Kissed by Tammy. Tammy is a local wedding and boudoir photographer based out of Sacramento, but she's actually moving soon. Like really soon. So when she emailed me about her workshop, I couldn't say no.

The day started with introductions and what we hoped to get out of the workshop. We then made our way upstairs to begin the workshop. I was excited because the last time I shot a boudoir session was back in January and the day didn't really play to my favor (it was pouring rain outside!) I was also looking forward to her knowledge of the things that happen outside of photographing a client.

After about an hour (I think...) of lecture time, we began shooting. What I loved about Tammy's workshop was she included a hair and makeup stylist (Ashley Grinnell) and an experienced model (Katie Roan) to photograph.

Here are the beautiful photos I took...







I absolutely LOVE this next photo. Katie, you ARE hot :)





Fierce!!!






This is one of my all-time favorites :)





Tammy, thank you SOOO much for hosting this workshop! You are such a doll and I love how you share your knowledge to help us out! Your work is fantastic and I'm so glad that I was able to work with you. I wish you much success at your next location and I really hope we can get together next time you're up here.



Oh....and for those of you who are on the Thirty Day Photo/Blog Challenge, don't worry. I didn't cheat (even though there aren't any rules) :) Here's my photo for the day:


I wanted to blog about my boudoir photos, so I decided to photograph something that tied into boudoir. Pearls, and/or any accessories in general, are great items to have when doing a boudoir session. Not only does it complete your wardrobe and help you feel beautiful, it's also a great item to have so that your hands have something to play with.

Stay tuned for future boudoir specials!!!

2 comments:

  1. Veronica, these are beautiful. I love your creative cropping and the mirror shots. I wish you great success and was so glad you came.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Tammy!! Thanks for showing me the ins and outs of Boudoir. :) I wish you great success also!

    ReplyDelete