Saturday, September 22, 2012

Day 25...My faves #2

As I prepare for tomorrow's engagement session (YAY!) I had to stop and take a photo of another one of my faves...renting gear from Borrowlenses.com.

Borrowlenses is great! They have pretty much EVERYTHING and ANYTHING that you would need for a photo shoot. I've been renting from them for the past two years and LOVE them!! Their customer service is awesome. Whenever I have a question, I email their support team and always get an answer. They'll even link me to the best option for whatever gear I need.

Oh....AND another reason their customer service is awesome, if you request something in the notes section of your order, you definitely get it. For example, lots of people (including myself) have been asking them to draw something on the boxes of their orders. At the time of my order it was my birthday. I asked them to draw me something for my birthday and they drew this :)


Anyhow....here's what I rented this time...


They recently got a new batch of Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM II, which I really wanted to try. Unfortunately, they were all taken and I wouldn't have it in time for my engagement session. So I decided to go with the Tamron version and I must say, I'm impressed! I did some test shots, in my room where the light isn't the greatest. I had my camera all the way at 6400 ISO and the widest aperture, 2.8. I was a bit worried because my shutter was at 1/30 of a second. When I snapped the picture, I was surprised to see that the photo was sharp! And when the shutter released, it didn't even sound slow! I can't wait to see what it does in the daylight!

I also rented the Canon 70-200mm f/4. I normally use the f/2.8 version, but I didn't really need it to go down that much in aperture.

Thank you Borrowlenses for always supplying me with great gear :)

Come back tomorrow and I'll post a sneak peek of my engagement session using both these lenses. 

No comments:

Post a Comment